To cook outdoors is often a favorite highlight of summer activities and many camping trips. Whether you enjoy grilling burgers, hot-dogs or getting creative over an open fire, cooking outside can be a fun experience for anyone. Take a few minutes to prepare a simple menu for your camping trip ahead of time and use your camp meal plans to help pack your kitchen items as well as your ingredients.
Every camping trip will require a different assortment of camp kitchen supplies depending on the event’s activities and the menu you plan. If you plan to do a lot of camping or are already an avid camper, there are a number of cooking supplies you should keep on hand for your camping outings.
A suitably sized quality cooler with a secure clasp, like those offered by Coleman, is a camping necessity. Cooler chests with a removable food tray are ideal for keeping meats and sandwich spreads cool until you are ready to use them. For extended camping trips, consider using block ice in your cooler rather than crushed or cubes and freeze meats like steak, hamburger, chicken, or pork for longer freshness.
- Wheeled cooler box ideal for camping trips, tailgating parties, and picnics
- Telescoping handle and heavy-duty wheels for easy, reliable transport across almost any terrain
- 50-quart capacity holds up to 84 cans
- Insulated lid and walls provide 5 full days of ice retention at temperatures up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cup holders molded into the lid for easy access to beverages
You will also need an assortment of cooking surfaces to accommodate various types of meal preparations. If you plan to cook over a campfire, you will need a grill grate or a camp grill. Many campgrounds offer guests a small charcoal grill at each camp site, but you will want to keep an extra portable grill on hand for stays at locations without an on-site grill. You may opt for a portable propane grill instead of charcoal.
- Road worthy and built to travel easy
- Cast aluminum firebox and lid with dual stainless steel latches and temp gauge
- High-impact frame with legs and carry handles
- No flare-up TRU-Infrared cooking system
- 200 square inch stainless steel grilling grate
Camp Stove alternative
For a more versatile outdoor cooking experience, you will want a good, quality camp stove. Coleman is one of the leading manufacturers of camp stoves and they offer a wide range of sizes and accessories. You will want at least a single burner camp stove, but you may want to consider a two burner stove for more usability. A griddle surface is a nice addition to your camp stove for easy breakfast preparation and more.
- Cooking power: Up to 20,000 total BTUs
- 2 adjustable burners: For precise temperature control
- Wind-blocking panels: Shield burners from wind
- Pressure regulator: Pressure-control technology for consistent performance, even in extreme conditions
- Runtime: Up to 1 hour on high on one 16.4 oz. Propane cylinder (sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
Onsite Cooking Prep
If you’re are planning to use charcoal, then lighter fluid and matches (stored in a sealed waterproof container) will be needed. Keep a couple of thick oven mitts and potholders with your outdoor cooking supplies. Also include aluminum foil, salt, pepper, and other seasonings.
- 🔥 SPICE UP YOUR SAFETY WITH BEST BBQ GRILLING GLOVES– Don’t let scorched hands and grimy grills spoil your next BBQ! Get maximum protection for your hands and grill with the XL BBQ Gloves and Grill Mats Set.
- 🔥 LARGE SIZE FOR LARGE GUYS – Stop squeezing your hands into tight and tortuous bbq gloves. Once you put on All4Grill’s extra-large 14-in. grill gloves, you may never want to take them off.
- 🔥 BRING ON THE HEAT – Blazing heat does nothing to these BBQ grill gloves with the best heat resistance. Skin stays burn-free due to the glove's aramid material with en407 standard, which provides protection up to 932°F
- 🔥 GEARED FOR GRILLING – Other grill kits are made to also use in the kitchen, but not ours! The All4Grill BBQ gloves and grill mats set belong outdoors, not by the stove.
- 🔥 A WARRANTY THAT’S ALL 4 YOU – Backed by a 1-year warranty, the heat-resistant gloves, and nonstick mat are sure to offer unmatched security for you and your grill.
- PREMIUM QUALITY - Made of BPA free plastic. clear design let you easily identify contents, whether it's a bbq rub, steak seasoning, seafood spice or otherwise.
- EASY ORGANIZATION - The 3 Sharp oil Bottles for liquid seasoning such as oil, vinegar, soy sauce, etc. The 4 Round cans for powder seasonings such as salt, sugar, cumin, pepper, dry herbs, etc.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE - Comes with 2 carry storage bags, easy to carry.Super lightweight, perfect for all indoor and outdoor festivities and events.
- WONDERFUL PROJECT - It will be a good cooking helper, you can add some spice to your dish when camping, have a picnic or cooking at your friend's house.
- GREAT GIFT - Our spice container set makes a perfect gift on any occasion. Idea for aspiring chefs, bakers, and who loves to cook.
Cookware and utensils
You will need camping cookware and cooking utensils as well. Often they’re available as camping cookware sets or kits. Ideal to use pots and pans that are designed for outdoor cooking. They can be used on a camp stove or on a camp grill over open fire. A heavy dutch oven is also nice to have for stews, pasta, and meats. Keep an assortment of spatulas, knives, and cooking spoons with your camping supplies.
- Package Includes: 1x 1.15 Liter pot, 6.8x3.6”, 1x frying pan, 7.1*1.7”, 1x 0.8L kettle for camping, 3 x plastic bowls, 1 x spoon, 1 x spatula, 1 x cutlery set, 1 x cleaning towel, 1 x net bag for storage
- High strength- Made by anodic oxidation process, the aluminum metal has a stable protective layer on the surface, easy to clean.
- Easy to store, equipped with a mesh bag, all of this pot and pan can be well packed in.
- Suitable for 1-3 people use
- Designed specially for camping and hiking cooking. Small but practical!
- ALL-IN-ONE: This 21 piece set includes: 4 metal telescoping marshmallow/hotdog roasting sticks, 1 Carabiner, 1 Headlamp, 4 Utensils/Sporks, 1 Scissor with Bottle Opener, 1 Utility Knife, 1 Cutting Board, 1 Bottle Opener, 1 Rice Paddle, 1 Tongs, 1 Metal Ladle, 1 Metal Spatula, 1 Rubber Spatula, 1 Flint, 1 Stainless Steel Can Opener
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT: Weighing less than 3 lbs and easily fitting into backpacks, drawstring bags, or suitcases, this portable cookware set is perfect whether you’re going to the beach, mountains, tailgating, hiking, picnicking, or backyard BBQ-ing. This portable 21 piece camping kitchen set will efficiently carry all your cooking utensils no matter what the activity. This kit allows you to bring your favorite cooking utensils everywhere without the hassle of packing up your entire kitchen.
- DURABLE: This kit is made from high quality woven cotton with a water-resistant exterior keeping all your camping cooking utensils clean, dry, dust and rust-free. Every utensil fits nicely in a strap or pocket, so you don’t have to worry about items being damaged or scratched even after a lengthy trip or a long time in storage.
- ENHANCED STORAGE & QUALITY: Improvements made to the bag include double stitching on the elastic straps so they will never break or become so loose that they don’t hold anything; solid material for the top pouch instead of mesh to prevent rips; and additional straps so every item is held in place. No more opening up to a jumbled mess of sharp utensils, everything is right where you left it.
- 100 % LIFETIME GUARANTEE: All purchases are guaranteed or we will refund you your money. If you are not pleased or need a replacement we will provide you with a solution with no questions asked.
Enjoying the Meal
Camping enamelware is great for dining on or you can use paper plates and cups with plastic silverware. Remember to pack condiments like ketchup and mustard along with items like napkins and paper towels. Don’t forget the buns!
You may want to consider a coffee percolator for cool evenings beside the campfire. Along with a camp fork or skewer which is great for roasting marshmallows (for making S’mores) afterwards. Plus skewers are handy to have for open flame cooked hot dogs.
- ✔HIGHEST QUALITY: Telescoping fork set are made from stainless steel and a wood handle - easy to clean, no rusting, and no more hot handles, the comfortable wooden handle gives you a firm, steady grip.
- ✔SAFE FOR KIDS: Experts recommend our 32 inch roasting and telescoping forks, 32 Inch's of length means you can roast form a safe distance, you can ensure that your child is always at a safe distance from fire.
- ✔EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: Our telescoping marshmallow sticks come with a free beautiful canvas bag, so you can easily take it with your campfire and camping cooking equipment. Cleaning the roasting sticks is very easy! You just need to put the tips in a glass of water for about 15 minutes.
- ✔USAGE: With two non-sharp prongs so you can easily hold marshmallows, hot dogs, or veggies without the food spinning and without sticking yourself. Rotating fork axle at a flick of your fingers prevent marshmallow, hot dogs, and sausages from uneven cooking.
- ✔PERFECT GIFT FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS: Best marshmallow roasting Sticks for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product to enjoy at the cookout. 5 different color sticks, find right color and have a great campfire evening!
Cleanup and Storage
Purchase a dish pan, dish cloths, and a small bottle of dish soap just for your camping trips. You may also want to have a few heavy duty scrubbing pads. Bring along a few garbage bags just in case. And you may need a few plastic containers or freezer bags to store food leftovers.
Don’t forget to keep your camping recipes with your outdoor cooking supplies to make shopping and meal planning easier. Have Fun!